Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Celestial Earth Balls

Recently I tasted a culinary creation that was incredible!
They were crunchy, chewy, and I was the one who ate the most :)
This recipe is very easy for kids to help make, and I should know! My 8 Yr. old brother & I helped make these.


The Ingredients for this marvel are:

1 Cup Peanut Butter (MaraNatha)

1/6 cup Agave Nectar
7 Drops Of Stevia
2 tsp Organic Cocoa powder
1/2 cup (Organic) Raisins
3/4 cup Unsweetened shredded coconut, Divided
1/2 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate chips
1/4 cup Of your favorite nut (I used Pecans :)

Preparation Instructions:

Be sure that your peanut butter is stirred before use. (Really!)
Mix the peanut butter, agave nectar, and cocoa powder until well combined.
Stir in the raisins and 2 tablespoons of the coconut. Stir in the chocolate chips (Yay! :)
And refrigerate for 1 - 2 Hours.

Place the remaining coconut and nuts into 3 separate bowls. Using a spoon, scoop small heaps of the peanut mixture from the bowl; roll into 1 1/4-inch balls. Rolling is easier if you form a rough ball, roll in the coconut, and then continue rolling into a more perfect shape. Roll each finished ball in more coconut, and chopped nuts. Arrange the balls on a plate, cover loosely with foil and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Recipe Adapted from Whole Foods.
Of course I had some help from Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment